|Origin Hybrid Pro Mattress
|Koala Soul Mate Mattress
|– SmartClimate™ Cooling Technology. Regulates the body’s temperature at an optimum 18°C.
– Polar Silk Tencel ™ CloudLux® Pillow Top. A plush and soft temperature-regulating surface layer that presents sleepers with the experience of sleeping on a metaphorical cloud.
– Graphite Crystal Latex. A bolstering layer that absorbs and disperses body heat.
– HexaGrid™ Plus Comfort Layer. A cooling gel-infused layer that cradles pressure points and helps alleviate aches in the joints and back.
– Natural Micro-Weaved Wool Layer. A soft, breathable layer that enhances the comfort and cooling effect of the mattress.
– Gravity-Defying MicroSpring Support. Layered ErgoCoil compact steel springs precisely respond to motion and support the sleeper
– Cooling Cloud Memory Foam. A cooling foam layer that absorbs motion for uninterrupted sleep.
– 7-Zone Aerospace
– Grade Titanium Springs. A layer consisting of abundant springs coiled at varying tension levels to optimally support different areas of the sleeper.
– D-3 Edge Support. Prevents the edges of the mattress from sagging and provides even support all throughout the mattress.
|– Kloudcell® Foam Technology.
A high-density and high-quality foam created using patented innovative technology for a more resilient mattress.
– Cutting-Edge Heating + Cooling with Sensapole® Phase Change Technology. Regulates the skin’s microclimate by absorbing, storing and releasing heat for optimal comfort.
– Kloudcell® Topper. A 2 cm lavishly plush quilted pillow top that is breathable and ultra-soft.
– Flippable Kloudcell® Comfort Layer. A double-sided plush and pressure-relieving open-celled foam that gives sleepers the option between a medium-firm or firm side.
– Antimicrobial Charcoal Infused Memory Foam. A temperature-regulating transitional layer with breathable ventilation holes that puts forward antibacterial properties and enhances the overall comfort of the mattress.
– 5-Zone Adaptive Support Springs. A supportive layer consisting of different zones of foam springs, with each zone specifically tailored to react to varying pressure and movement.
– Edge Support. An outer layer of high-density foam keeps the mattress from sinking at the edges.
– Zero Disturbance® Technology. Effectively isolates motion for undisturbed slumber.
– Anti-Slip Bottom – Keeps the mattress in place overtop a bed frame.
Temperature Regulation (Winner: Koala Soul Mate Mattress)
While the Origin Hybrid Pro Mattress is a champ at keeping sleepers cool throughout the night, it, unfortunately, falls behind the Koala Soul Mate Mattress. This is because of its patented Sensapole® Phase Change Technology that regulates the sleeper’s temperature according to the skin’s microclimate. Since the weather in Australia can be unpredictable, the Koala Soul Mate Mattress is a great option as it not only disperses heat and keeps sleepers cool on sweltering nights but also absorbs and stores heat to ensure sleepers are kept warm on chilly nights. This ingenious technology cleverly adjusts to the sleeper’s needs.
Paired with the incredible breathability of the multiple open-celled and well-ventilated foam layers, the Koala Soul Mate Mattress extends a quick-dry surface that will also keep sleepers free from sweat as they sleep. Although the Koala Soul Mate Mattress takes the win for thermal regulation, the Origin Hybrid Pro Mattress is not to be disregarded. The Origin Hybrid Pro Mattress is designed for those who tend to run hot as it can cool itself and the sleeper atop down to a cozy 18°C, making it the perfect cooling mattress that is just as breathable as the Koala Soul Mate Mattress.
Support (Winner: Origin Hybrid Pro Mattress)
The winning mattress in terms of support undoubtedly goes to the Origin Hybrid Pro Mattress. The Origin Hybrid Pro Mattress comprises multiple pocketed coil springs and foam layers as well as a bolstering Graphite Crystal Latex that also enhances the mattress’ temperature-regulating quality. Unlike the foam springs found in the Koala Soul Mate Mattress, the Origin Hybrid Pro Mattress features durable steel and titanium pocketed coil springs that bracingly support the sleeper. The titanium pocketed spring layer in the Origin mattress is divided into seven zones with every zone advancing varying tension levels to better support different parts of the sleeper. Its collective foam layers simultaneously conform to the contours of the sleeper, shielding pressure points and promoting proper spine alignment.
Comfort (Winner: Koala Soul Mate Mattress)
The Koala Soul Mate Mattress gets an instantaneous win because of its interchangeable firmness. Its Kloudcell® Comfort Layer can be flipped over by simply unzipping the mattress and turning the layer over to opt for either the medium-firm or firm side. Each side of the Kloudcell® Comfort Layer features a 2 cm Kloudcell® Topper that integrates Koala’s Sensapole® Phase Change Technology. The Koala Soul Mate Mattress is an all-foam mattress right down to its springs so it is generally more cushy than the Origin Hybrid Pro Mattress, making it the more comfortable option. The Koala Soul Mate Mattress also incorporates Zero Disturbance® Technology to minimize motion from transferring across the mattress, allowing for undisturbed nights of sleep. However, the difference in comfort between the Koala Soul Mate Mattress and the Origin Hybrid Pro Mattress is only marginally noticeable. The Origin Hybrid Pro Mattress is on the firmer side but presents an ultra-soft thick pillow top, particularly comfortable foam layers and an outstanding motion-isolating feature.
Pricing (Winner: Origin Hybrid Pro Mattress)
The Origin Hybrid Pro Mattress triumphs by a long shot with its significantly lower price. Notwithstanding its inexpensive price tag, the Origin Hybrid Pro Mattress offers sleepers more than they pay for such as excellent breathability, temperature regulation, comfort, support and other integral features. While the Koala Soul Mate Mattress dons a steep price tag that may not be for everyone, it does however set forth some very impressive qualities.
Integral Features (Winner: Origin Hybrid Pro Mattress)
Both the Origin Hybrid Pro Mattress and Koala Soul Mate Mattress accommodate similar integral features. For instance, both these mattresses have inbuilt edge support and are CertiPUR-US® certified, making the two options safe for the whole family. However, the thing that sets the Origin Hybrid Pro Mattress above its contender is its 15-year warranty period as opposed to the Koala Soul Mate Mattress’ 10-year warranty period. Besides that, the Origin Hybrid Pro Mattress comes with a whopping 8 layers and 7-zone multi-zone support, more than the Koala Soul Mate Mattress brings to the table. Therefore, the winning integral features belong to the Origin Hybrid Pro Mattress.
As remarkable as the Koala Soul Mate Mattress is, it regrettably does not make the cut when put against the Origin Hybrid Pro Mattress. The Origin Hybrid Pro Mattress gets a near-perfect score of 8.9 while the Koala Soul Mate Mattress draws close with an overall score of 8.0.